Sunday, March 05, 2006

A little about me...

Thought I could introduce you to my life by giving you some basics:
- I was born, raised and still live in Santiago, Chile (capital city).
- I went to a bilingual school until 5th grade, then moved to a catholic school nearer my house
- I am the 2nd of 6 brothers and sisters (brother (29), me (27), brother (24), brother (21), sister (15), brother (14)).
- My parents have been married for (almost) 31 years (march 15th is their anniversary)
- I'm a catholic, although on the last few years I haven't go to mass a lot. Still, my faith is HUGE
- I studied "commercial engineering", it's like bussiness and economy together. A pretty popular career here in my country. I studied in the Catholic University, but not because I'm a catholic, but because it's the best university in the country (they accept only the best scores in the P.S.U (in english university selection test). I'm not bragging here, just wanted to explain a little about how are things around here
- I've had a lot of jobs: first I worked 3 months in a local Nautica franchise (as a product manager). It was a HIDEOUS job. Then, I worked for a little more than a year in a big market research company. Fascinating job, good co-workers, but then I was offered a job as the "right-hand" of a human resources company of a friend of my mom: turned out to be a disaster, crazy lady, afterwards the company closed (really small company anyway). Then I worked in a media planning agency (OMD) in the finance area. Normal job, fairly satisfied, but then there was a job opening at my father's (and uncles) company. One time opportunity I couldn't reject: better salary, career prospects and possibility to have more flexibility in the future. That's where I'm at now, in charge of the "pharma" division (the company imports and distributes a lot of products, depending on the division, there are 6 divisions). Really cool job!
- I had 3 serious boyfriends and 2 "something like" boyfriends. The last serious boyfriend is now my husband.
- I married on December 18th, 2004, religously, and had a GREAT party.
- For our honeymoon we went to Costa Rica, really great country!
- I'm 5.9 (we actually use meters and centimeters, but along the years I've come to learn my "american size". In my measures: 1.75 mts.
- I have brown, long, wavy hair, that used to hate but come to love thanks to really great products. Brown eyes also. Really really white skin (well, not like the german-white skin, but white enough to look always a little un-healthy)
- I'm 5/8 german (5 of 8 great-grandparents were german), which makes me not so latin in my moves if you know what I mean (= not a great dancer for example), and also, a LOT taller than 90% of chileans (caused me a lot of problems while a was a teenager: all the boys were shorter than me!!)
- My husband is a sociologist, VERY intelligent, very cute, very funny...very everything! he's the best!!! Currently 32 (I'm 27). He works at a media research department in a university and also soon to be partner of a media consulting company.
- We bought a nice department when we got married, in a nice neighborhood (will tell you more about neighborhoods here, after)
- I had a "chemical pregnancy" last year: positive pregnancy test at 4 weeks, lost it at 5 weeks. Even though it was pretty fast, we had a bad time. Because of my job-change on december, we stopped trying, until this month (we're waiting D day: period day next week). We want VERY much to have a child.
- I've spend most of my last 17 summers in a lake-town south of Chile, called Pucon, it's the best place ever: lake, volcano, and lots of things to do.
- I've traveled quite a lot, partly because my mom owned a travel agency (they selled it to another travel agency and now works there) so she gets really good discounts
- I lived in France for 3 months, while I did a postgraduate program in european bussiness (it was in english, I don't speak french, just a little), and then traveled for a month around europe, with a friend. The trip ended with a cruise around the mediterranean sea, a REALLY fantastic trip!
- My older brother got married last november and now his wife is pregnant (jealousy from me? a lot), due in september.
- I'm an outgoing person, lots of friends, laugh a lot, think a lot, very "math" person, very impulsive, pretty nice! (very humble!)
- Love movies, love to do sudokus, love to sleep late, hate traffic jams (and a lot of other things)

OK. I think you've had more than enough. It's difficult to summarize one's life in one single post! Hope you got a pretty good idea about me, more on it later!!
See you soon!!

6 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Muddystingbee said...

Hi Josefina - I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog! Your English is great, by the way. I'm glad reading my blog helped you somewhat - writing in mine and reading others has been so therapeutic for me since we lost Joseph. I'll be reading here. :)

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Hello Josefina!

Thank you for your effort writing English! Just wanted to let you know that you have another reader.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Nice to meet you! :)

What's the Sudokus?

Also, in regard to becoming pregnant, I will keep you in my prayers. Although Sydney miscarried one time... we have never struggled with becoming pregnant. Several of our friends have though... and we know how difficult it has been for them... so we will do for you what we have done for them... and that is Pray. (They are on their 3rd child now with no help from the Doctors.) :)

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger AJW5403 said...

I am sorry about the loss of your first pregnancy. But want to wish you luck for when you test here in a few days.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Josefina said...

Thank you all for stopping by and also for your wishes specially on the "baby-thing"...it's really important to me to know I'm not alone and that far away there are nice people.
Thank you!!
Promise to send you some photos of husband, family, lake, etc...soon (as soon as I can)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Josefina said...

Oh! and Ben, Sudoku it's like a crossword puzzle, only that is a number puzzle, very "in" here (and in Europe, at least they market it that way). It's a japanese game, look at this page: www.websudoku.com
told you I was very into math!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home