Thursday, September 14, 2006

Long weekend ahead!

Well, things have been a little hectic around here, mainly because we have our Independence Day on Monday (Sept. 18th), and Tuesday is "Armed Forced Glory Day" or something like that, so we have a very long weekend and historically, it's the most popular holiday. To be precise, Sept. 18th it's not our independence day, but the "First National Board" day. It was right after the King of Spain was taken prisioner, so chileans decided to make this Board to resolve what to do now that the King was a prisioner (this was in 1810). Anyway, for some reason we celebrate this day and not the real independence day that was February 12th, 1818 (maybe because that's in the middle of the summer! LOL).

OK, enough history for now, the point is we have a celebration here at my office tomorrow, with a barbecue for lunch and then several "chilean" activities, and I'm part of a "welfare commitee" so I have been organizing a lot....

And for the weekend, we're going with some friends to a nearby beach (the "non-kids" friends), so I'm pretty excited about it..

On other news, I wanted to say that Blogger isn't letting me leave comments (just in a few blogs), but I've been reading you all and wanted to say to K. that I'm very happy for you and I hope everything turns out ok!!

See you!!!

3 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Paige said...

have a great long weekend sounds like fun!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Happy holiday weekend :-)

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Michele C said...

I was having a blogger commet problem as well. A tip -- choose to Preview your comment before you post it. Then select publish from the preview screen. It worked for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home