Tuesday, September 26, 2006

New car!!!...and disturbs...

Ok, so we are ready with our car!!! Tomorrow we will pick it up!!! I'm soooo happy, that car has been like my "ideal" car for several years now, so I'm really really excited!!!

Related with the car, E and I had an "adventure" today.

We had to go downtown to sign some papers for the loan we needed for the car, and when we were walking back to the subway, I started seeing progressively more people with their noses covered, sneezing, coughing and with teary eyes, and I started to get a little nervous (there's like a "social strike"...no, not strike, I don't know the name, like protests?? something like that, thing is, students, teachers and health workers are "stopped" today), but E was like "no, there's nothing going on"....so cinic, because it was pretty obvious that there were students gathered everywhere...anyway, we continued walking and as we are walking down the subway stairs, I tell E "where do these people come from!!", because everybody that came out of the subway was REALLY teary and with the nose covered and all....the answer came quickly to me as we entered the subway station.....it was like I had smelled a ton of pepper....WORSE!!!!!! my eyes hurt like acid had fell in them...my nose was SO itchy, as well as my throat. I couldn't stop coughing, almost couldn't see because I could barely open my eyes, it hurt so much!!! And E made me a sign to keep my mouth closed to avoid breathing, but it was impossible because my nose hurt so much also!!!!!!!!

Luckily the subway came pretty soon and the air started to clear a few minutes later...I don't know if you've heard "teary bombs"....they use it here whenever these strikes-protests occur, I don't know the components but the effect is literal!!!!!

So well, good thing to have signed the loan...but it sure did take some sacrifice!!! LOL...

I admit though, even if it was a pretty disgusting experience, I felt a liiiiittle good, I mean it was an adventure!!! I sound veeery naif, I know, but I had never been "attacked" by those bombs, and for the most of it they are harmless, but the experience....I felt like a soldier in the middle of a battlefield...a survivor!!! LOL....I'm stupid, I know, but I can't help it!!!!!!

Well, besides these entertaining story, my period arrived today...of course...it was (almost) no surprise...and it's a FULL period....so there's no chance of ANYTHING.....

Related to that, I decided to change the RE I was going to. Thing is, the daughter of a friend of my mom (I know the phrasing is wrong, but I thought "a friend of my mom's daughter" didn't sound right) had a lot of trouble getting pregnant...and now she just had her baby, thanks to Doctor Gonzalez (I'm not afraid of saying his name, because Gonzalez is the most popular last name here..). I got that information casually; the day my niece was born we ran into them (friend and daughter) and they said his name. The problem was that I thought a friend of mine had had that doctor when she had her first son, and it was a pretty bad labour, because the doctor unpurposedly "broke" an artery of my friend...(I'm sorry, I really don't know medical terms in english) My friend turned out ok but she lost a lot of blood an all....

So of course I didn't want to go to that doctor. But yesterday, I asked my friend what was the name of her actual doctor (it was a cinical question, "I ran into this person the other day who named a doctor Gonzalez...is that your doctor?"), and it turned out the "bad" doctor was another one, and her actual doctor is this Gonzalez, that she likes A LOT.

So that decided me to go to this so called Doctor Gonzalez, having already 2 good referals (or references?). We're going next tuesday (instead of next thursday, so that's 2 days less of anxiety), and I really hope he doesn't give us one of those speeches we all hate: "well, and what are you doing here!!! you have to wait longer!!!!" or the annoying "there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with you, just relax and have fun"...I really wouldn't like to hear that...and certainly E neither (he's afraid that we go only for the possibility to hear that)....

But this time I'm prepared, I won't just listen, I want to explain to him that I don't care that he thinks we have to wait longer, that emotionally we aren't capable of continuing this "torture", that there are at least two things I suspect I could have: insulin resistence (PCOS involved) and/or low progesterone. That in the best of cases, we are 100% ok, but it's better for us to know for sure, and if there's something wrong, why wait longer. That we have been TTC not "just" 7 months, but 13 or 14 if we consider that we first started trying on april 2005, and "infertility" means when you're unable to conceive or bring a baby to full term in a year...and so on...I have quite some arguments, and I won't let him say me goodbye without asking me for some exams!!! LOL....

Ok, enough for now, this post is really long!!!

See you!!

1 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Michele C said...

Congratulations on the car! We have Rav4's here and I think they are really cute. Plus, good car for the baby in your future.

I am glad you only have to wait 2 days until the RE appt. Be firm and explain that you feel like you have reached your limit of waiting. Because you are only in your late 20's I see why you fear they will make you wait. At least ask for tests: 7dpo progesterone, FSH, and HSG. Then you can rule out anything before treatement.

Good luck and keep us posted!

P.S. I think the tear gas incident would have seemed like an "adventure": to me too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home