Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fraud!!!!

I've started to believe that E and I are under some kind of evil spell that makes bad things happen to us all the time...

It's sounds pretty serious, but, no, it's not that terrible....It's only that it seems that someone cloned E's credit card!!!!!

See, last tuesday I called the bank because there was something wrong with the amounts of the credit card: the amount used + the amount available was less than the total amount we have approved. But then, as the lady that answered the phone was trying to explain to me what could've happened, she started to name me the last movements and named some REALLY STRANGE things, there were 2 expenses for a little more than US$10 each...nothing to worry but still strange...and then she says "and here is another one for US$240" (aproximate values)...and I was like "WHAT!!!!"....so I called E to ask him because it was his credit card (we have a common bank account), but of course he hadn't bought anything (he would've asked me, that's for sure!)...so I blocked the credit card.....

At least we have an insurance against fraud with credit cards, but nonetheless it really sucks. Probably the bank will take at least a couple of months to give us the money back....and well, it's not like we will be broken without that money, but come on!! it's not nice that suddenly you have less money....I imagine I could've bought so many things with that money!! LOL....

Finally, I'm so angry because you can never be safe!!! I feel somewhat stupid, cheated...you know the feeling???

The worst thing of all is that we'll probably never know when, where or who cloned the card, if it was cloned, because maybe someone copied the number only, I don't know..it really sucks...

Well, it could've been worse, because there was another charge, for US$1.500, but was denied by the bank, I think because the card was already blocked.

About the initial phrase of this post, that we have some kind of spell on us, it's because we always have this "incidents", that aren't so serious, but unlikely and very upsetting....for example:

1) once, a plant pot fell over E's car roof. He was parked in a open parking lot and during the night there was a storm, and the plant fell from one of the apartments above his car...I mean, who's car get hit by a plant!!!! it sounds almost funny!!

2) another time, I picked up E at his job and when trying to cross a street, we started honking and yelling at a man who was blocking the crossing point...and he out of the blue got out of his car, went to my side (I was driving) and kicked the side mirror, breaking it completely!!! then he went off, with us being unable to react!!! From all the drivers in the city, we had to run into a crazy man!!!!!

3) another time, we were driving back from a wedding, and suddenly we felt this HUGE sound, like a bomb....but no, it was a car who hit us from the back. But the curious thing is that we were driving!! in the middle of a straight street!! Not in a crossing, not stopped, just driving!! Well, luckily we didn't have any major consecuences, my neck was twisted, but nothing serious. Anyway we passed all that night at the hospital and then at the police station....awful night! and just 2 months before our wedding!! We were really really scared...

4) then, a couple of months ago we were on our way to work and on a corner, where we wanted to turn left, a man came on the second row of the street (it was actually the other side of the street, so he was going against the traffic) and tried to turn right!! he was doing 3 things wrong: going on the wrong side of the road, trying to turn right from that point, and not seeing that we were going the other way!!! It was a really small accident, but we had to go to the police station, to the insurance and all....and the man's excuse was "I'm unemployed and I was late to an interview, and this isn't even my car"....we were very cold hearted but told him that we couldn't be responsible for his problems, that he should drive well in any conditions....and I'm SURE it was a lie to avoid paying...

5) now this credit card problem....I mean, credit card cloning has even appeared on the news, but I've never met anyone who have actually had this problem...and of all the people...WE have to go through this!!!!

Well, of course there are people that have MUCH bigger problems, but we have a tendency to have this stupid-unlikely events that are very much upsetting!!!!

I'll keep you informed about what happens with this problem!!

3)

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Michele C said...

What a string of bad luck! I am glad you caught the credit card fraud before it got too big.

Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home