Thursday, October 05, 2006

No HSG...for now

So, I finally decided to cancel my HSG hour. I decided it yesterday, after thinking for a while, talking to my mom and E....and I'm pretty happy about my decision.

I'm really not that ready to take that exam yet, and I thought that if 2 different doctors have told me that there's nothing wrong with me, maybe I'm really 100% ok, and I only need to really believe in that to get pregnant. It maybe sounds too plain and simple but I'm really buying it.

So from now I'll try a different attitude towards pregnancy, I will try to get my life back to normal - it's not that un-normal right now but anyway - and part of that "normality" includes going to Pilates once and for all. I've posponed going the whole year because my thoughts were like "what if I get pregnant and for doing Pilates I have a m/c?", and now I think that what's meant to be, will be. If a baby's meant to be, there's no pilates or anything that will prevent it from being. Of course I have to be careful in not doing too harmful things, but I think doing exercise is far from harmful!!!

Also, I'm thinking about buying a fertility monitor, that way I can maximize chances, and not depend on a doctor!

Thank you all for your support and advice, if things don't work in a while, I will indeed do an HSG and all that, but for now, I'm really not prepared.

3 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I agree with Hoping that it's good you didn't do something you weren't ready for, but I hope you'll reconsider it in the future. If you have a uterine anomaly such as a septum (which I had), your chance of carrying to term is only 10%. I also think your doctor should at least offer a progesterone test! It's your body and you deserve answers.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Michele C said...

I also think you should do things at your own pace. But, I think an HSG is a good test for your piece of mind.

A Dr would never know if you had a uterine abnormality or a blocked tube without an HSG. So, them saying there is nothing worng is correct in terms of your cycle regularity and the fact that you conceived before. BUt they couldn't foresee the tinhgs an HSG reveals. A blocked tube, for example, would not prevent pregnancy but it would make it more difficult.

Anyway - that is probably not what you wanted to hear but I am all for being proactive since I am so darn impatient.

I am glad that you are happy woth your decision. That is what matters.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

Sounds like a wise decision. Good luck with the Pilates and the positive attitude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home