Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Somebody help me!

I just realized my problem is WAY bigger than I thought: I'm starting to hate everyone who is pregnant now (not my blog friends, as I commented somewhere, for some reason you bloggers don't make me a bit jealous).

I just received an e-mail from E (we e-mail a lot during the day) telling me that R, a good friend of him, is going to be a daddy. Thing is, that friend and his wife are the typical "anarquists" very "cool" in a kind of "hippie" way. Not hippie but they are anti-capitalists (not that I'm particularly capitalist, but you know what I mean, I have credit cards, drive a car, work in a private company, nothing THAT strange!), pseudo-intellectuals, who lived for more than a year in a tiny town because they were like "helping the community". I insist, I don't have anything against helping the community, but what's so annoying is that it's all a "pose", a way to demonstrate how cool they are, going the opposite way that everybody goes. Anyway, they got married (in an (of course) so cool small wedding very "humble" and all) just a week before us, and now they are pregnant.

The way they live or what they think has nothing to do with them being pregnant, but I just felt like "de-compress" a little with them because I am totally JEALOUS. Plain and simple. So I feel like talking bad about them because I'm really tired that EVERYONE seems to be pregnant these days!! At least I felt safe with E friends, that as they are all more "modern", they aren't so in the "baby thing" yet. But now, as some kind of plague, they are being "infected" with this whole pregnancy thing!!!

OK, I'm totally aware I'm being really nasty, unfair to them and everybody else in my circle of friends, but I just can't stand it anymore!! I want to be like them! It's not that I would preferr no one was pregnant, but please!! is it too much to ask if I want to JOIN them?

Well, as I told you at the beginning of this horrible post, I realize I'm pretty close to going nuts, and I KNOW it's MY problem, not the hippies-cool problem, not my SIL problem, just MY ridiculous problem!!

I hope I get through this phase, for my sake and all of you who kindly read me, hoping to find something funny, nice, not this crap I'm writing! But I know also you will understand me because you have been there too, haven't you??

I'm so sorry, and please be patient with me!!

3 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Student said...

I think all of us have been there. I'm still there! It's hard not to be jealous of someone who has what you so desperately want. I don't have any answers for you except that what you're feeling is normal and you just have to wait it out.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I don't have a problem with blog friends, because (a) most have been through fertility problems and (b) I don't actually see them.

However, I have a friend who started a blog, and when she got pregnant I was happy for her, but most of the time I was so jealous. A part of me always will be jealous that she has a baby and I do not.

Please don't beat yourself up over this. It only contributes to your stress and guilt. You have no one to apologize to!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Muddystingbee said...

Josefina, as you know, I'm going through this jealously/envy thing myself. It is so normal...please don't beat yourself up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home