Monday, April 24, 2006

The waiting begins...

Again, I'm at the start line of this eternal waiting for DPO14 to arrive (I'm like DPO2 now).

So I hope I can keep myself busy enough to avoid thinking about that all the time. I'm not doing well if I'm already aware!

Well, I will try to focus in some upcoming events the following weeks:

1) Saturday april 29th: My grandma's 80th birthday. There's a kind of "events" on my parents house, with "mariachis", printed balloons (with her picture), and a powerpoint presentation, that I'm somewhat in charge of (it's like the usual, I always end up involved in the organization).

2) Monday may 1st: my BIL's birthday, nothing that special, but we have to buy him something.

3) May 10th: my 28th birthday. Well, by that time I'll already know about how TTC went this month, but anyway, I have to figure out whether I will invite anyone or not, considering my trip starts the next day early in the morning.

4) May 11th - 14th: Mendoza trip, this is what I think I'll spend most of the time thinking about, because of my flight terror! I've been doing some "self-therapy", reading stuff as to calm myself down (for ex, chances of an air crash are 1 in 1.8 million. Yes, it's more likely to win the lottery), but sometimes I get terrified again. Specially after a plane crashed this weekend (it was a tiny plane, but anyway it's frightening), and today I read a commercial plane crashed, a Russian one I think, but at least it was a "land crash" (it was like it couldn't takeoff or something), so it wasn't that terrible. But it got me thinking of something my mother used to say "there's always 3 plane crashes on a row". So one more to go, I hope it's not mine. YES, I'm a stupid supersticious, I know, but I can't help thinking that stupid staff. Anyway, the flight lasts only 50 minutes, so then I think, it's not that big deal. But I still get this uneasy feeling whenever I think of that.

5) May17th: appointment with my ginecologist. My idea is well if I do get pregnant, that date is perfect timing (my doctor is a little busy, so I took the hour like on march!). If I don't get pregnant, I want him to make me some exams, because of that strange spotting I had last month. So anyway it will be useful to go.

As you see, there are a lot of things to worry right now, so I'll try to keep my mind off TTC, and well, off flight fear also, I can't be so irrational, I have to be over it!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I just wanted to say hello and thanks for thinking of me :) I'm sending you LOTS of good thoughts for the 2ww. (and I'm in the EST time zone, thank you!) Hugs to you!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger cat said...

Good luck with your 2ww. Plane fear sucks. Bring something with you that soothes you a pillow, a blanket, a stuffed animal anything that makes you feel safe.

This probably doesn't help but you are much more likely to get hurt in your own home or get hit by a car on the street than ever having anything bad happen on a plane. *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home