Monday, April 17, 2006

Relaxed

Here I am, after this great long weekend, that is never enough to sleep and rest as much as I would want to.

I had a great time, and I realized that I'm really calmer about TTC than other months, I wasn't even aware that I'm already in my fertile days, so I've got a good feeling now, maybe not THIS month, but soon enough I hope.

I think it's because my thoughts are centered in my trip, about planes crashing and all that, but I'm starting to relax about that also, because E said something so simple and wise at the same time: "if you are so scared, don't go", and that simple phrase released a lot of pressure I was feeling (= ok I'm doomed, there's nothing I can do about it, I'm going to die on that plane, pretty crazy I know), and have stopped me a little from thinking so horrible things. Even more, my usually equally phobic sister, yesterday told me that she wasn't afraid of planes anymore, after crossing the Atlantic several times, she got used to planes and rationally thought that chances are really low that precisely HER plane would crash. I admire her maturity to overcome something that's so difficult for me!!

Well, I thing that's about it for now, hope this month this TTC-relax will help me!!

3 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I hate flying... although after flying to India and Nepal... I am a little better. There is something about flying over the ocean that unnerves me... although it is not as if I am going to have a safer landing flying over land. But between you and me... I am praying like crazy at take off and at landing.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Josefina said...

Well, I pray really really A LOT at take off and landing, and of course my eyes are closed (almost hurting from closing them so hard), and I don't let anyone talk to me...I remember a while ago (1.5 year) we went to Buenos Aires with my parents and my little sister and brother, and my stupid brother was bugging my sister and me all the way through take off, saying things like "well, if the plane crashes it's not that bad, we die and that's it, why do you worry". Believe me, that's the last thing I want to hear at that moment, so our answers were more like yelling at him "shut up f'ing little idiot" was the less agressive thing we would say.

It's really horrible. But unlike you Ben, I don't get so scared about flying over the ocean, I think chances to go down in the middle of the flight are really really low compared to those in landing and take off, but you never know!

I think the worst thing about hating flying is (at least for me) the whole previous worries that one has to go through, the constant suffering that after you're safely back at home, you forget about the whole thing, so it's pretty useless.

And worst, trips are so much fun!!! So it's really upsetting that I can enjoy them from before.

I think the only way I could fly relatively calm is if everyone I care about were in the plane, at least if the plane crashed, we'd be all together (pretty selfish thought, I know). LOL

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Michele C said...

I fly a lot and I do get sacred sometimes. Sometimes I convince myself that this is it, I am going to meet my maker.

But, when I feel this way I always repeat the same phrase "There are 10,000 flights in the air at any one time." Justthin about that....10,000 flights at any given moment, and how often do we hear of a crash? Rarely...

Hope this helps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home