Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Normal

Well, this week has been a little hectic, being a short week (friday is holiday here, Holy Friday) and all.

Besides work, I've had evening activities all week: monday it was my best university friend's birthday, yesterday I took my little sister out for dinner (we had a GREAT time, I love having a little sister!), today it's my best school friend's birthday (I'm not into horoscopes but it amazes me that 2 of my closest friends are Aries, and there are other 2 pretty good friends that have their birthdays in April also), tomorrow we are getting together with our "single" friends for dinner, ufff...so I'm a little tired!!!

On the TTC issue, I talked to my friend (the one with a birthday today) who is a doctor (currently starting her specialization: nose-ears-throat doctor, do you call them otorrinus or something?), I told her about this strange spotting I had from 4 days before getting my period, she told me it's probably nothing, maybe "endometrial unstability" or maybe stress, but that I shouldn't worry, well she told me it could've even been another micro-abortion, that that is VERY normal and all. So if it really was that:
1) That could explain my apparently pregnant symphtoms but couldn't explain why I got a negative test. Maybe Hcg levels didn't go that up.
2) I really have a bad luck
3) I really have a serious problem that prevents me from staying pregnant (or maybe it's progesterone)
4) I'm actually pretty fertile considering it was only the second month TTC.

All and all, I didn't like the thought of having had ANOTHER chemical pregnancy, I prefer to think I had that endometrial unstability due to the excess of stress I had, having to fire the sales man and all that.

Well, but as you know, I'm in my new confident phase, relying on "upper help" (= God, St. Therese) to give me my so wanted child.

Other news, it seems I'm going on a trip next month, it's an only women trip: my granda, her sister, my mom, my aunt, 2 of my cousins, my sister and me. My grandma is inviting us, as to celebrate her 80th birthday on April 28th (but we're going mid may). We're just going "next-door", to Mendoza, Argentina (it's like 40 minutes away by plane, 6 hours by car), but it's a totally shopping-trip, so I'm really excited about it. Argentina has been really convenient for the last years (they got in a huge economic depression), and US dollar is also convenient for us, so you can buy here a lot of dollars (compared to some years ago), and then in Argentina, 1 dollar gives you 3 "pesos", and you can eat for something like 10 pesos. Really really cool. The ony tiny problem is that I have a terrible flying-terror (I know there's an expression for that, but I can't remember it right now), so I'm imagining the plane crashes, E becomes a widow, I can't get to be a mother, and all sort of horrible thoughts. Worst of all: Santiago is right beside the mountains, Mendoza also (on the other side, of course), so the plane has to go up really fast, cross the mountains, and go down really fast again. Do you see all the risks involved in that? Storms (it will be late autumn, almost winter), turbulences, and all sorts of terrible things.

Then again I think I'm too egocentric thinking that of all people, I'm the one that will get ALL existing diseases and illness, my plane will be the one to crash, and on and on. So I hope I can get through it and enjoy the perspective of the trip!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home