Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Scary!!

Remember this sales-man and how I managed to confront him?

Well, today was round 2.

I spoke to our customer this morning, and she told me that she'd never apologized with him (that's what he told me) and even more, she never told him to keep that conversation "between them" (or is it "among them"), that HE has been the one to tell her that. And that she didn't like him at all, she didn't understand half of what he was talking about, because he was so complicated to talk and a lot of things I know perfectly about him.

So as you can imagine, that was it for me. Forget about assertiveness, I was actually looking forward to confront him this time, having the evidence and all.

So he came, and I told him what I'd talk to this customer and that his version was totally different to the one the customer AND the other sales person had told me, and that he was lying to me and that I was starting to loose trust in him and so on (of course I would've liked to tell him this in a much better way, but at least I managed to be very firm and clear).

Can you believe he denied it all!!!!!!! It was almost sickening, to watch him be SO calm, putting these faces that look like he was shocked about this "lier" customer!!!!! I can't believe there are people so cinical!!!!! He was like "she said that"..."pffff" (as saying what a lier) and telling me that well that now he knew how that customer was, and it was good for him to know what kind of person she was and all.

Maybe you're starting to think that there's a tiny chance that in fact he was telling the truth, but you know what? I was very aware of ANY sign that could tell that he was lying. And I found it. Even though he was very convincing and everything, for as long as he was justifying himself he never looked at me in the eye, not for a second. And this man ALWAYS look at you in the eye, in a creepy-psycho way, so it was at least suspicious he never looked at me when he was "lying", don't you think?

And anyway, what possible reason could this customer have to lie to me? She has nothing to loose, if she's not happy, she turn to another supplier and end of story. AND more than that, I could tell she was honest, and I also have a lot of previous data that this man is no person to trust.

But, even if I'm being more assertive, I'm a little scared. This man is really really manipulative, really bad, I don't know what he's capable of doing. I have some information that on his previous job he was fired because it seems he stole some money (some customers payed to him, but that money never got back to the company, and when the company called the customers to ask for the money, they said they've already payed). But that was never 100% proved (prooved? I forgot how to write that word), because apparently he had some kind of agreement with the customers.

So, we're talking about a professional here, he found this "little girl" (me), with few experience, well intentioned, so he thinks he can do whatever he wants! He's even saying to his ex-coworkers he's a sales manager in this company!!!!!

Well, at least we've already agreed in firing him, but I'm still scared that he can get back at us, I don't know how, maybe giving confidential information to the company, maybe finding a way to get money out of us, I really don't know, but I hope he gets lost soon!!!!

P.S.: I know, maybe I've watched too many movies, but it's still scary to deal with someone like this.

P.S.2: Newlwife thanks a lot for your support!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home