Friday, March 24, 2006

Precious moments

Continuing with my happiness, yesterday after work I decided I didn't want another "routine" day: work, pick up E, go home, watch TV and use the computer, eat, more TV, sleep.

So suddenly I told E "are we going out for dinner or what?", and E looked at me totally shocked of this so-spontaneous attitude I'd suddenly gotten.

And there we went, to a really delicious argentinian restaurant (you know how argentinians are famous for their meats, they are AWESOME), and we had a really really good time. We talked A LOT, trying to "fix the world" (here we use that expression when you talk about everything and nothing, when you dream of solutions that will never come, etc: young idealists!). We had a really interesting conversation about how is it that our country is SO far away from developed countries, with that huge gap (as I've told you before) between poor and rich people, and more than that, it's the socio-cultural gap the worst problem. You have to be from one of 10 schools to be someone when you grow up, have to know the right people, even if you are the dumbest person in the country, with the right "contacts" you have your future assured.

And it's really sad, because here definitively not everybody has the same opportunities, even if politics promise us we have, but it's not like that.

So E thinks the only solution is to increase all salaries, so even poor people can live with dignity (as happens in europe and US we think). Here poor people may actually get to live in carton houses!!!

Well, the point wasn't what we talked about, but how fun is it to go out with E, I admire him so much, he's so smart and knows so much, we really have great times when we go out. And I think it's really good for a couple to do stuff like that, because at home you can't really talk, you just want to watch TV and sleep, don't you think? I totally recommend it!!

And, the best part, even if yesterday we were too full and too tired for anything, romanticism stayed with us until this morning! (if you know what I mean)

I'm so happy to have found E, he's really the best!!!!

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Michele C said...

Josefina, I am so glad I found your blog. I have received your comments (thank you!) but it took me awhile to find you. (Not sure why...)

I appreciate you reading my blog and agree we do have a lot in common. My mother is from Bolivia so I do have a little of the South American in me. And, I have been to Chile and I loved Santiago!

It sounds like your husband is wonderful.

I feel be keeping track of you and wishing you the best.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Josefina said...

Thank you bbc.
It's really incredible that your mother is from bolivia! so close! Well, nowadays bolivians aren't liking chileans very much, with all the "sea" thing...
I'm glad you liked Santiago! I don't like it very much haha, some parts only, but there are some other beautiful places in Chile (you can see the pictures I posted some time ago, from the south of Chile).
Thank you for writing and reading! And of course I will continue reading you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home