Thursday, April 20, 2006

This is getting more difficult...

Finally, even though E didn't remained mad with me for long, he wasn't AT ALL "in the mood". Thing is, with all this uncertainty he's having at work, he's having a rough time, so a couple of times he has broke down. Yesterday was one of those days. So the whole TTC was out of the question.

I hope today he's better, because if not, there goes another month. I insist, I know I'm sounding very insensitive, I am indeed very worried about E, but I know 2 weeks from now, when I get my period, we'll feel very dissapointed, and no "well, we didn't get to do our "homework" very well this month, did we?" will come in handy at that moment. That's it, I'm just anticipating what will happen, and that's why I hope today we can get on track again.

In the meantime, I gathered a little more information about OPK and fertility monitors, of course (as always) here in Chile there's only one brand, Clearblue, so there's no much price options: 1 set of OPK with 7 sticks, costs $50, the fertility monitor, $260 PLUS the 20 sticks that goes another $73. It's not like go and buy it! One alternative is getting an OPK, hoping I'll only need it for a month or 2, so that would be $100, but then again, what if I have to keep TTC for more than 6 months! Then it would be better to buy the monitor, that would even be useful if someday I don't want a baby, and then I would keep track of my cycle (I really DON'T like pills, make me feel really bad).

But I don't think E will like the idea, maybe it'll be even more stressing, I don't know. I think I should start with OPK, maybe afterwards I can use the monitor, I don't know really, I will think about it a little more.

On weather news, winter is more evident everyday, last night it rained a little, and there is more announced for later today and tomorrow. We already put on the radiators (I don't know the word for a centralized warming system at home), so this is it for warm days. Well, I'm not that bad with the change, I was wanting to wear some winter clothes!

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmmm.... You can buy OPK test strips very cheaply through online stores like early-pregnancy-tests.com, but I don't know if they'll ship out of the US.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Student said...

Another place is BabyWishes and they do ship internationally. I recently bought a pack of 50 from them. The more you buy the cheaper they are and the more you have the less you worry about "wasting" them. Plus you can always ebay or give away any extras.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home