Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tests...

Hi there!!

Well, hypocondriac as I am, I'm currently a little worried (that means, obsessing) because of some of my tests results. On monday I went with my mom to do a number of tests the doctor had gave me, including that glucose one (my mom had to do that one too, because she has some diabetes symptoms). Well, the glucose test I found it was quite well, but maybe I'm wrong. It started at 106 which is a little high, but then after taking that super sweet orange liquid, and waiting 2 hours, it went down to 72, so I don't know what does that means.

Anyway, it's the classic hemogram which has me worried, because I have too little lymphocites (I had to look up that word), only 18% of my white blood, and the minimum is 25%...I don't know what exactly does that means, I think is "low defenses", but maybe is something more serious!! To make things worse, in a part of the test that says how do the cells react to rubbing them, in the white ones it said "lymphopenia", which sounded pretty scary!! But well, after checking on google and asking my cousin (who's a doctor), it turned out that lymphopenia means "low count of lymphocites"....so back to the beginning.

I admit I've read some things in internet, but nothing too concluding or serious, most things I've read talk about the causes, but not what it means...Rationally, I know it's probably nothing, I may be about to get a cold or maybe it's pregnancy that's making all this, but I can't stop thinking about it. I already called my doctor so he'll return my call, probably late in the afternoon, but well, that's better than waiting until I see him again (april 13th)!!!

Anyway, the only 2 things that are keeping me from going crazy are: 1st: I had this same test taken some 3 months ago, and the doctor didn't find anything to worry about, and 2nd, my mom's results also showed little lymphocites, 21%, so if we both have low lymphocites, it can't be that strange...or serious!! LOL!!!

Well, apart from that (I'm ALWAYS worrying about something, so it's part of me), I've been feeling well, only VERY tired (who said tiredness subsided in the 2nd trimester!!), I'm constantly sleepy, even though I've been sleeping roughly 9 hours every day!!! My belly is very big, I like it a lot because it's very "pointed", you know? like a perfectly round ball, so it looks very cute!! Although my butt is big as a bicycle parking lot, I'm very happy with my belly!! LOL!!

On other symptoms, the baby is now kicking more and more strongly! Yesterday E felt him/her for the first time! He was so excited! We discovered he can detect the movements when the baby is "changing positions", more than when it's kicking. So well, at 21 weeks (and 2 days!), things are going pretty well, excepting that black dot in my happiness that is that exam, but hopefully by tomorrow I'll have that cleared already!!!

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Newlywife said...

Glad to hear everything is going well...DON'T WORRY about that test, it is probably nothing!

But I know what you mean about worrying! I can't stop myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home