Monday, March 12, 2007

So long....

Hi!!!

Finally I'm back on these lands...I arrived some 10 days ago from my vacations, they were really great, we could rest a lot, talk a lot, and had a great time overall!!!!!

Last week was really hectic here at my office, so I didn't have much time to write, but now I'm here again!!!

Today I'm 20 weeks pregnant, and things have been going great. I have this HUGE belly now, which embarrases me a lot, because there has been a LOT of people who had told me "4.5 months? are you sure there are not twins inside?" or "4.5 months...you have a huge belly"....I can't believe people can be so upsetting all the time, how can they not think "maybe she's a little fat, better not rub it in her face"....and by the way, how can they possibly know how's a belly supposed to look like at 4.5 months! I'm sure nobody remembers EXACTLY the size of their belly at certain week...less to say men!! I mean, how can they know!!!

Anyway, so after a whole week of receiving the "what a big belly" comments, I've decided to "cheat" a little, so now I'm telling everyone I'm 5 months or "almost 5 months", and the "huge belly" comments have stopped a little. The thing is, I'm very structured, so if my last period was on october 24th, it means that for example march 10th is exactly 4.5 months. But I heard a girl at the beauty parlor the other day saying that she was "almost" 4 months, but she had only 15 weeks!!! (that's barely 3.5 months!) It seems people change month every 4 weeks LOL!!

Well, apart from that, the most exciting thing that has happened to me lately is that I'm already feeling the baby!!!! I was a little worried because I'd read that you could feel it from week 16 and I wasn't feeling a thing, but my doctor told me that the first baby can be felt at 20 weeks more or less, so last week, on tuesday or wednesday (19ww+1 or 2 days) I felt something a little strange, that COULD have been a "gas", but it has kept going, and now it's clearly a knocking!!! In fact, I'm getting the knocking as I write right now!! It's very very exciting, but I'm looking forward to get to the point that E can feel him/her too!! It's very frustrating for him when he puts his hand on my belly and I say "now" and he doesn't feel a thing!!!

So that's what's going on around here, today I have an appt and hopefully, the doctor will give me an order for the 20-24 weeks U/S!! We're too curious to know if it's a boy or a girl!!!!! But I'm a little nervous because I think I gained something like 10 pounds this last months....so I'm sure the doctor will lecture me!!!

I will now go and check on the other blogs!! Will keep you posted when I have news!!

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Paige said...

sounds fantastic and I am so glad everything is going so well! don't listen to the comments about your belly, people can be so stupid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home