Tuesday, January 09, 2007

11 weeks!

Well, I'm now officially 11 weeks...which I find pretty cool! I mean, I'm only 1 week away from the so-waited 12 weeks milestone...well, technically I'm 2 weeks away (considering the end of 12 weeks), but well, I'm just there...and as the days go by, and my symptoms fail to go away, I feel more and more confident...

Of course I'm still scared, because my "clever" mind only remembers those cases of 12 week m/c (my mom for example), but as I already said, I have a lot of symptoms, constantly: boobs hurt really bad, specially in the morning, I believe it's because I sleep on my sides; nausea every morning, never puking, but always feeling crappy; hungry-fatigue, and what has been my main worry these days: constipation and bloating and gases (sorry TMI). I went to the supermarket the other day and bought many "fiber" things: fiber bread, fiber cereals, fiber cookies...and I've been eating them A LOT, only to read (after I'd ate everything): do not increase your fiber ingest so abruptly, it will only make you gassy....oh dear...should've known...at least it improved a little the "constipation" issue....

Anyway, I've been so worried about that, and also about my HUGE belly (it's really not normal), which is related with the bloating, that my fears of loosing the baby are back in my head...but I really really hope I can manage to get to the famous 3 months (just to be sure), for several reasons (besides m/c):
- every person who gets to know the news, after congratulating me, they say: "take care, the first 3 months you have to take good care"...I'm really sick of hearing that! like I was some kind of stupid...

- I will finally be able to walk with my huge belly without feeling so fat (I mean, after 3 months you are allowed to have some belly, aren't you?). For example, last friday in the supermarket (buying "fiber"), while waiting in line, I sat in the chair of the next line (that was empty), and the lady that was paying in my line looked at me in a funny way, so I told her "my back hurts a lot", and she asks: "how many months?" or something like that...like it was SO obvious I was pregnant!! (2.5 months, you get the point, I shouldn't be showing so evidently!), and I said "around 3" (E afterwards told me I should've said 5 or 6, to shut the stupid lady down), and she started giving me a speech about how I shouldn't be so tired, that afterwards it could be so worse, that I was so young to get tired so soon, that every pregnant woman should make exercise...that she had 2 kids (they were like 26 and 21!!!) and so on....it was SO awkward!!!!!

- Every person who has ALREADY touched my belly will be able to feel a pregnant belly (as opposed to a bloated and fat belly). It really makes me VERY unconfortable to be "touched" so often. I mean, my mom can touch my belly, my dad (who hasn't by the way), my brothers and sisters....even my MIL (which is a little uncomfortable indeed) or SIL....but come on! today I ran into a lady that works here...I'm like her boss's boss's boss (get it? there are 2 bosses in between) and there she goes with the touching and "how's the baby?"....OMG!! It's not the point that I'm her boss or anything, it was to explain it isn't someone who I have a lot of contact with...and well, the list is neverending...I've really come to hate that touching...how can they not think that I'm just 2.5 months (this started at least a month ago....go figure), that probably I have nothing there....and well, what do they have to touch anyway!!! I mean, MAYBE when you're 7, 8, 9 months...to see if the baby kicks, but this isn't even that, because it's like a "greeting touch", they just place their hand on my belly (over my shirt of course...it would be too much if they wanted to touch my bare skin belly!) for just 1 or 2 seconds, but it's equally uncomfortable...no one goes around touching other people's body parts, but there, you get pregnant and you automatically get a "please touch me" sign....I really can't get it...

Well, that are my news this week...I can also tell you that it has been a really hot summer so far, with very high temperatures, that don't go down at night, so we've been pretty much frying down here!!

So there you go, a lot of information for your entertainment!

2 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Paige said...

oh sorry about the belly touchers, I haven't had any of that yet and my belly is huge!

you are almost there girl, one day at a time.

By the way, who says you aren't supposed to be tired? That is what the first trimester is, TIRED!

Take it easy and relax and don't listen to anyone but yourself.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

You are definitely allowed to have a belly at 3 months! Enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home