Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Update Beta #2

Ok, I already went to pick up the first set of tests. I'll try to translate the names, but I think it's going to be a little difficult.

First of all, the most important:

Beta #2: 8,496.1 at 23 dpo
(Beta #1: 3258.7 at 20 dp)

According to this page I "stole" from K. , doubling time was 49.19 hours (the first one was taken at 1 pm and the second one at 9 am, so it's a little less than 3 days...for maniacs like me, those differences are crucial!), so I'm right on track!! On that same page, I noticed that doubling times tend to be greater as beta numbers are growing...I mean, for 23 dpo, the average doubling time is 48.78 hours, for 22 dpo it's something like 44 hours, and so on, so it's perfectly reasonable (I must admit I remembered your numbers K, Hoping, BBC, and I remembered something more like 33 hours...!! But I think it was sooner in your pregnancies! LOL...)

Other tests:
TSH (thyroid): normal
VDRL (I just looked for it and it's to detect sifilis): non reactive (I suppose that means negative!)
biochemical profile: there are a lot of things and they are all normal, except something called dehidrogenase lactic or something like that, which I've never heard of, but I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about!
hemogram: I've never known how to read it, but I can tell my white globules are high, but that's pretty obvious considering I have a cold, I was just taken a tooth away (probably my body is fighting to avoid infections) and the antibiotics I think...anyway, I won't worry !!
protrombine: normal

So everything looks ok, just a little more patience to know the HIV results, but I'm starting to relax more...E's been VERY patient and has calmed me a lot....

More on friday!!!

Thanks for your patience!!

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Paige said...

as your numbers reach 20,000 they will start to slow doubling wise, and you are right on track! Those are good numbers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home