Monday, June 04, 2007

First maternity leave day!

Today is officially my first day at home (last weekend doesn't count)...it's been great! Although I admit it's hard to get used to this new lifestyle, I mean I still feel I'm running to do things, when I have more than 1.5 months to do everything!

Anyway, it's been very relaxing, specially because I know I still have plenty of time!!

I'm still working from home, that was the agreement. See, in my country, maternity leave is payed, that means you continue to receive your whole income (payed by the state), but it has a limit, and my income is above that limit, so I had to negociate with my boss (= uncle) that the company would pay me the difference so I could receive my whole income. This is pretty common, because it's very unfair that people with higher incomes must see their budget reduced. At least I can't afford to live with half of my income for nearly 5 months!...specially considering my income represents about 60% of our total house income!

So, that explanation was to say that I told my uncle I would still be connected from home, and will continue working my whole leave...of course it's different and everybody at my office knows I'm "out", so they don't bother me (or at least haven't today) as always!!

I'm going now to an U/S!!!! friday I went to the doctor, he found me ok, only my BP he considered was a little high (130/80) but I'm sure it was because I was so nervous because he was going to check my cervix and all....but well...oh! and last week I also took a glucose test, it was down to 99 (the limit!), so I was very happy!!

So that's how I'm doing, will update with the U/S results, I'm pretty excited considering I haven't seen little M since week 23 (now I'm at week 32!)....

See ya!!

2 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Michele C said...

Enjoy the time preparing and relaxing. Once little M gets here you wont really have time for muchfor a few months so it is good to be a planner type where the baby is concerned.

I hope all goes well at your u/s.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Paige said...

enjoy the time at home and schedule visits from your girlfriends and friends in the last week or two before the baby because you will be so ready you will be bored!

Great that your glucose is down to the limit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home