Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Increasingly nervous

Ok, I'm like 36 hours away from my trip, and I'm starting to get REALLY REALLY nervous, I'm like 90% of the time thinking about that, trying to think about next week without the "IF I come back safe" part...but it's getting more and more difficult...I'm having horrible thoughts, imagining the worst things, and that's been going on all day.

I really think I would be relieved if something prevented me from going (something like for example a terrible last minute flu, or something like that), but then again I feel horrible to be so stupid, instead of being happy and looking forward to something that for most of humans is absoulte fun, here I am, feeling like crap....

And being my birthday tomorrow, isn't helping a bit!!!!

I think I'm starting to be really monothematic on these, but I can't help it, it's like I need so badly to put this thoughts here, because when I talk about them, they sound so irrational that I can calm down for a while.

I think I'd rather be waiting for 2 ww, I mean, YES I'd definitively prefer that, but that's another thing I have a hard time waiting for it to come.

Please, please, please think of me and pray or cross your fingers that everything will turn out just fine!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

You will be FINE. I dread flying too, but once I'm there I'm okay because I'm going somewhere I want to be!

And - if I don't see you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (Maybe they'll have a cake for you up there?)

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

ps For what it's worth, we were supposed to leave for Amsterdam on J's birthday, but he didn't want to spend it flying either (nine hours!). So we moved it back a week.

You're not alone.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Student said...

I'm thinking of you. If it helps at all, statistically you are far safer in an airplane than in a car. Pilots are trained and re-trained. Systems and checked and rechecked. My advice is to sit down and order something with alcohol in it and then enjoy your flight :-) Looking forward to hearing all about it!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Okay, it's Wednesday! Have a wonderful, wonderful birthday, and a year that's as terrific as you are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home