Friday, May 05, 2006

Temping...

So I couldn't resist it and took my temp today. You could think what's the use if I haven't temped for the rest of the month.

See, last year when I was TTC (before chemical pregnancy), I was taking my temps everyday. Afterwards I left it 1st because my dr said it wasn't at all a precise method and 2nd because he said it was just stressing me. E and I also thought so, so that's why I didn't take my temp anymore.

Anyway, I managed to discover my temping pattern. My temps are really lower than normal people (96.4 ºF (I had to convert that, I use ºC)), so I know any temp above 97.3 it's high for me. Today my temp was 97.5, so I know it's still high.

I told E I took it just to see if I had to put on a "pad", but he really didn't believe me LOL.

Well, but having my temp up doesn't mean anything, because according to FF, and according to my own estimations, I should get my period tomorrow, probably in the afternoon.

So, I decided that tomorrow I will take my temp, if it's up, I'll test. Because as much as FF says that testing day is tomorrow, it's pretty humilliating to test and get your period like 2 hours later (I have done that).

I still don't know what is it with me and my hopes, I'm getting cramps, yesterday I was really sensitive, irritable, with the headache I told you about, and my bbs are sore ok, but I don't think they're bigger, and I think they're not THAT sore as they should be if I were pregnant.

Well, finally I managed to get anxious, I was so proud of myself that I was hanging on so well. But the good thing is I'm feeling pretty confident about my trip, I think as the other worries are going away, pregnancy is getting stronger and stronger.

I'll let you know but really, don't get your hopes up, I'm pretty sure there's nothing there (I even had a beer yesterday! just to "cheat" my anxiety)....

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Student said...

This is my own personal opinion but I think temping can be quite helpful. I think the more you know about how your body and how your cycles work, the better off you'll be. Heaven forbid if you do end up having fertility problems, the first thing they will have you do is gather as much information about your cycle as possible (i.e. temping and OPKs). So it can't hurt to have that information ahead of time. I think some doctors discount it because they are still "old school" and think "doctor knows best" and think that a woman couldn't possibly understand all this "technical" stuff. To use a good English expression, that's hogwash! Personally I get more stressed out when I'm not temping or using OPKs because then I don't really know exactly where in my cycle I am and that stresses me. You have to do what you feel comfortable with, of course, but go with what you feel, not necessarily because your doctor says it isn't precise.

The weird thing is that your temps and mine are so very similar. For me, 96.3 is normal pre-ovulation and 97.5 is normal post-ovulation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home