Monday, June 05, 2006

Another week

Well, I haven't written in a couple of days, mainly because I was a little busy, and there wasn't too much going on.

Now, after the weekends, there are some news - no TTC related:

1) One of my brothers is currently in jail!!!!!! Believe me, this is nothing we are remotely used to!! Thing is, saturday night, my brothers and cousins (men meeting) got together, and then decided to go dancing, of course having drunk a lot. So outside the club they started fighting with some other guys, and the police came to separate them, and one of the policemen received a punch in his nose, given by my brother. So, as you can imagine, they were all brought to the station, and my brother (the "punch" one) was set aside, after being seriously "attacked" by a lot of policemen (they love to abuse being in control, and specially with all these "spoiled boys who have everything they want and think they can do anything"). So, to make the story short, my brother was sent to jail while the military justice makes an audience or some legal stuff I don't understand at all. My mother is devastated, angry and worried at the same time. My father doesn't want to know anything about this whole mess, and well, that's about it for now. I'm pretty worried, but very mad: this is not the first time my brother gets himself in trouble for drinking so much (in Chile people drink A LOT and it's not very responsible with driving or so): he had a huge car accident a couple of years ago, and some other minor things. But he's a nice guy, very funny and relaxed, and never gets angry. But it seems when he drinks, he loses control of himself and become very aggresive (that's what my other brother told my mom). So I hope at least he can have his lesson now, and stop behaving like such a baby!!!!!

2) There's currently in my country a huge "student movement". High class students organizated in such a good way, they've managed to transform their movement in a national situation. See, they want better education quality, they're asking to reform the current educational law. The point is that public schools here (how do you call a section of the city that is ruled by a mayor? well, public schools are more like "local schools": each ....(put word that describes "section of the city ruled by a mayor" here) administrates their schools, so money isn't the same for each school) are REALLY bad, some don't even have decent bathrooms. So they're asking for better education and all that. There are more than half a million students (that's a lot for our country!) involved, but the good thing is they're very prepared, they know perfectly well what to do, and disturbs have been very few. So, our (lady) president is totally over her capacity, and haven't come to any good solution. Well, what do you know, it's in CNN (not very clear and biased, but to give you an idea!!)

3) I had a number 3 that self-erased when I corrected the link that was giving my blog a strange format, so I forgot what it said, I think it was something about my weekend, but I don't remember!!!

Well, have a nice week!!!

2 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Oh my goodness! I hope your brother gets out of trouble soon.

And the word is 'jurisdiction.' A jurisdiction is the area over whichever authority has power - usually spoken of in terms of law (such as the police), but it can apply with the mayor too.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Newlywife said...

I hope your brother is alright! The police get too high and mighty with power sometimes...

It doesn't sound like that major of a crime, so he should be out soon hopefully...maybe he will just get a fine, and community service.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home